Hello, hello, hello!
Anyone who's been following me and pays any attention to my deviantArt activity will notice that I have been markedly absent since... Lord alone knows when. For that, I'm sorry. Truth be told, I'm afraid I burned out on dA. I have a CRAPLOAD of unreplied-to replies in my inbox, and more than 1600 pictures and journal updates to peruse. Somehow I let it all pile up. And at the same time around fall last year my interest in dA waned and blinked out after reaching flatline levels. Unfortunately that also meant leaving a couple online friends in the lurch, for which I'm terribly sorry. Personally, I suspect at least part of this is due to the fact that my own emotional levels were reaching a flatline over the course of the summer and into the winter and fall. I have a hard time admitting to the effects of anything beyond my control, but I think my parent's marriage cracking, fissuring, and finally breaking open over the past couple years has not helped anything.
But enough with depressing details. Here's the biggest updates on what's been going on for me over the last year.
- I have a job! I've been working at McDonalds since like September. And it's been a pretty awesome time. On the one hand, I'm starting to loath part time jobs and fast food work, on the other hand I'm starting to get a lot more hours, and I should soon be able to move out on my own at this rate.
- Speaking of moving out, I decided to leave the place I have called home for most of my born days and move in with my mother. It's a small townhouse (and honestly, living with her is just about worse than living with my dad), but it's a really nice place in its own way. There's a lot of younger families with a lot of small children who can be seen playing outdoors on just about any given day. There's also a lot of trees, greenery, birds, and fluffy little animals (namely skunks and raccoons) that come out at night.
- I am slowly recovering my sanity. Which is seriously important.
- My best friend bought me a 3DS for my birthday and Pokémon X for Christmas, which is probably the most awesome present I could ask for, next to like a new car or gaming computer. And even then. Pokémon. Seeing all the pokemon in such lifelike 3D has been a very real treat. I love it. On that note, if you, dear reader, also have a 3ds, please comment and we can exchange friend codes.
- Having begun to recover my sanity, I'm actually looking into beginning a career in web design, starting with a website for my dad's company. Which is going to be really amazing and is now almost complete. It would actually be complete right now if testing weren't a ****. I have had few more consistently frustrating experiences than developing a website.
- Saving the best for last, after being single for like 3 years, I've found probably my dream girlfriend. (Okay, scratch that probably). And let me tell you, the lovely West-117 is not only a stunning beauty of a girl, she also has an incredible personality and is one of the very few people who can actually keep me in line. We've been the best of friends since shortly after we started talking, but as of January 1st 2014 everything changed and we decided probably the best thing we could ever do is get married. So we're kinda sorta unofficially engaged. Admittedly, that sounds pretty sketchy, but I can honestly say I've never been more serious, or had more reason to think a girl was worth it. I love her.
Aaaaaand that's probably just about everything. Actually it probably isn't, but I've suddenly decided I like saying probably. (You've probably noticed by this point). So yeah, that's probably it for now. OH! one last thing. I have actually been without internet this past month except for my phone (my phone bill for this past month is probably going to make me cry for this reason). But I have plans of acquiring an internet connection within the next few weeks and I'm very likely to get back on and start talking to the many wonderful people who I've missed.